2.4.12

Interview with an exchange student from Hungary


The 18 year old Nóra Anna Huber, from Hungary, discovered AFS Intercultural Programs in 2010, when she became friends with two exchange students that were studying at her school. After this experience she decided to become an AFS volunteer and to also do an exchange program. Nóra arrived in Goiânia in August 2011 and says that she’s very happy to be here. The AFS Goiânia Committee Blog talked to her about her experience as an exchange student in Brazil.

Nóra, the AFS Goiânia Committee President Wagley (left) and Nora's host brother (right)

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: Why did you decide to do an exchange program?

Nóra: When I became a volunteer in 2010 I got closer to the exchange students and they told me about their experiences and everytime I was surrounded by them, I realized that I wanted to make an exchange too.

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: Why did you choose Brazil?

Nóra: I have always been interesed in Latin America, and when I had to choose a country I could only choose Brazil because of the age limits. But I didn’t regret it at all.

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: How’s your experience going? Are you liking it?

Nóra: I’m loving it! I had a few problems during my year, but it is the best experience of my life.

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: What has been the greatest difficulty you had to go through during your exchange year?

Nóra: I had two surgeries in my foot, and with that I lost a lot of time of my exchange. And my foot is still not perfect.

Nóra and some friends

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: What do you think is the most different thing about Brazil?

Nóra: Brazilian people’s behavior, they are more open to each other and mostly to the foreigners. I always  feel happy and refreshed when I’m with them.

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: Have you changed during your exchange year?

Nóra: Yes, I am sure, mainly in my personality.

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: Do you think being an exchange student is going to be good for your future?

Nóra: Absolutely, because I would like to study tourism when I go to university, so this experience will help me a lot. And I would also like to return to Brazil and live here in the future!

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: What would you like to take from Brazil when you go back to Hungary?

Nóra: My host family and friends.

AFS Goiânia Committee Blog: Define your exchange experience in one word.

Nóra: Unforgettable.

Nóra and other exchange students

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário